What are you doing to build a closer relationship with God?

And what's your favorite scripture?

mommyg24

Asked by mommyg24 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honor the god by performing the Great Rite with my husband.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Me.

I live my life in a manner that brings me closer and keeps me close to God. The way I think, the way I act/behave, the way I view life, the way I meditate, the way I perform puja, the way I view the world and it's peoples... All bring me closer to God every single day of my life.

2 of my favorite "scriptures" (to use your word.) are:

“The power of God is with you at all times; through the activities of mind, senses, breathing, and emotions; and is constantly doing all the work using you as a mere instrument.”.. Bhagavad Gita

"Give up your selfishness, and you shall find peace; like water mingling with water, you shall merge in absorption.”.. Guru Granth Sahib

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Nothing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am trying to build a closer relationship with God by constantly taking in knowledge about Him and his Son. I also try as best I can to follow the examples that Christ Jesus left for us.

My favorite scripture is Proverbs 3: 5-6 - "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight." - NWT
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am spending time with Him.. Soaking in His precense, Journalling , worshipping Him daily, talking to Him all the time. He is really my friend and the Lover of my soul!

I have many favorite scriptures today one of my favs popped up in a teaching at school... Ps 46:4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,The holy dwelling places of the Most High.
    Another is Ps 45:1 My heart overflows with a good theme; I address my verses to the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer
    both are from NASB
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Nothing. As an atheist, I don't feel that it is possible to have a relationship with a figment of people's imagination. I spent almost 30 years trying and failing. My sole divine relationship is with the godforce that is within ME. I honor the goddess in my life. And I honor and appreciate the god that is in my husband.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010