Would you be mad??

Today was my son's first birthday. I talked to all 4 of my parents (divorced, remaried) and not a one said 'wish him a happy birthday.' I am having a party for him on saturday which they will be attending- but saturday is not his birthday... today is. My SOs parents didn't call either. And only one of his 7 aunts and uncles called.
Also, not a single one of my friends called to wish him well. Am i over reacting or do i have the right to be aggrivated, upset, but most of all hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's easy to forget dates... maybe that was the case. Maybe they think his bday is the day of the party... IDK

IMO it's a bit of an over reaction...
    Anonymous

• yea ide say overreacting, hes a 1 year old not a 10 year old. I wouldnt be mad, but I would think they should call after the party and ask how it went and what not. Just wait till the party and afterwards.
    Anonymous

• I dont think you're overreacting. Its his 1st and should be a big deal. Maybe they just forgot considering the party is this weekend. Ive done that before and felt terrible. Id try to let it go and know that they love him and prob honestly forgot to call/wish.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• what doe IMO mean?
    Anonymous

• In My Opinion
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's a big deal, especially if they're coming to his party. If he were old enough to understand, then I'd be upset, but not now.
    Anonymous

• i say theres more impt things in this world 2 use ur energy 4! o well.....get over it and move on! they r the ones who will prob feel bad if they rem!
    Anonymous

• I would have reminded them, but I would be hurt that they didn't remember such a big day!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i would be a lil hurt honestly. my dd just turned 2 in july and my parents totally forgot her b day. they live across the country but talk to us and see pics/emails constantly. i was a lil "put out" but i didnt say anything. when i sent them the b day pics my mom felt so bad i actually felt bad for her
    Twiseman

Answer by Twiseman at 11:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would be CRUSHED if my mother forgot the actual day. But you are having a party for him on Sunday so don't feel too bad because they will all be there.

Happy Birthday to your son. It's my son's 1st birthday this month too!
    Ddamsel

Answer by Ddamsel at 1:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2008