son out in hallway at school

so my son has issues concentrating at school and the teacher sticks him out in the hall way---would you get upset too?

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 1:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Based on this? No. The description is incomplete. And if he was distracting other students with his misbehavior, I'd support her decision to remove him so that he didn't interfere with the learning of others ... and I'd suggest that she keep him in from recess so that he could do the work he missed.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 1:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yep. So instead of working with him she just ignores and isolates him?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, hows he learning to control himself, hows he learning lesson, don't they have teacher or aid who could come get him. I would be mad and at the school
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Isolating him is not the solution. Is he alone in the hallway? Not good. If he is truly misbehaving he needs to be sent to the office or to guidance. I'm not sure if isolating is considered corporal punishment or not. Each state has different laws regulating this. If it continues happening you might want to contact his teacher, principal and guidance counselor to set up a meeting. There are other more effective means of discipline to handle this problem. I don't like the idea of placing him in the hallway. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You need to go help out at the schools and see what is going on. It could be the teacher with the problem?

I always volunteer because I had very bad teachers who mistreated me, so I do not trust teachers.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That's not solving the problem. Yes, I would be mad. I would also talk to him myself to see if you can get to the bottom why he is doing it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• What would you prefer she do? I think he may like to be in the hallway. I think she should find a different solution like making him walk/run laps during recess. He should have to sit in the front row while she is speaking.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• if it dosent bother him an helps him do his work no, but if it upsets him than yes
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• no....I remember when I was in school if the kids were intrupting the other kids or not listening we got sent out in the hallway
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would need more information to answer. How old is your child? What do you mean when you say he has trouble concentrating at school? What kind of issues does he have, medical, social anything more you can add to this situation?
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010