What are some good ideas for favors for a wedding?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My daughter and son-in-law gave black coffee mugs (white on the inside), with coffee packs with their name and wedding date on them and chocolate covered spoons (made by my mom). They both are big coffee drinkers which was why they choose this. The wedding was in Jan so we decorated with Christmas trees and wreaths, so the mugs had red or green tissue paper. They looked great on the tables.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I had Hershey Candy bars done with the wrapper had our name on it and wedding date.
    crazymomof4787

Answer by crazymomof4787 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I always liked a donation made on behalf of the reception guests to a charity that the bride and groom loved.
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• When is the wedding? What is the theme? I had a fall wedding and we had metal leaf bookmarks as favors.

My cousin had a winter wedding and they had christmas ornaments.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We bought a bunch of small jars (the milk jug style jars, and the old round style candy jars that have a flat side so the top leans...can't remember what they're called right now) on sale at Hobby Lobby. I tied two thin satin ribbons around them in our wedding colors, and stuck a kiss label (we had a ton extra) on them. Then we put them on the table with the candy buffet and let people pick whichever style jars they wanted and whichever candies they wanted. I don't know how much they'll remember it later, but it was a HUGE hit that night. All I could hear was the sound of candy on glass.
    GrahamsMomAngel

Answer by GrahamsMomAngel at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Scented candles or candy in a mesh bag personalized with your names and wedding date.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• the best i saw were christmas ornaments and hand painted champagne flutes.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we had our colors in jelly beans in cute little polka dot jars with a ribbon on them that had a thank you tag too and we also did the hershey bars and chocolate kisses with our names on them. we had a lot of people and michaels warehouse ran out of jars lol so we had to improvise
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Honestly as long as it is something use able I am all for it. I like the book mark idea. I do not like candles they may look cute but what do I do with it later. None have ever gone with my decor so they get put away and never used.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I picked up some favor boxes at Hobby Lobby. 50 in a package and on sale for 1/2 price. Then I put Wedding almonds in some and Wedding mint in the others. They were a hit.
    CATsMom362

Answer by CATsMom362 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010