Anybody have any ideas...

I need ideas of things I can do to get exercise while i'm tied down with a 4 year old and a high maintenance 4 month old...(the 4 year old is not really the problem)..I did just recently start dancing with my 4 year old in the living room, the baby likes to watch us but id like more ideas..

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Take an exercise ball place your baby on your lap and bounce this helps tome your tummy and kid will love it.
    Add several sets of squats, dips, lunges, step-ups, or step-downs holding your child as resistance
    With your baby lying on the floor, get on your hands and knees and do partial range pushups lowering down to kiss your baby on the nose.
    Do reverse corner pushups for the middle back while you have your child in a baby sling or carrier.
    If your baby can hold his head up, lie on your back and hold your child in the air over your chest (as an airplane) and press your child up as you lift your torso off the floor to strengthen the abdominals.
    With your baby on your lap or in a baby carrier, do triceps dips off the couch or a sturdy chair.
    Walk on the treadmill or elliptical trainer (if you happen to have one at home) with your child napping in his sling or carrier.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• walking a great exercise and can take your baby with you.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• wear ankle/wrist 1.5lbs weights take ur 4mos old on a stroller and jog with ur 4 year old..take them to the park and walk or play with them doing high activities with ur kids is awesome u play and burn calories plus ur kids get tired by the time it gets dark...
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 2:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thanks guys for the suggestions. I can't walk with the kids because I have a still kind of colic/teething 4 month old. He does not like to sit in the stroller. If he would I prob. wouldn't be asking this question haha.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• maybe u can have someone help u babysit him for about an hour while u go out with ur 4 yr old to the park or gym...
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 10:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Join the Y, there are mommy and me classes, and free daycare starting at 6 weeks while you workout. My 3yo and 5 you love the play area. And the swim, soccer, and dance classes. I love being able to work out and not worry about them.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Great question, I'm kinda in the same boat over here...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• go on walks every day
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Any work out DVD at home and an exercise ball.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Try babywearing and going for a walk with the kiddos.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011