I dont like who I became

I think alchol is taking over my life, I have no excuses for what I have become but need me back. I am not a good friend, Mom or anything. I have low self esteem and feel I could be so much happier as a mom, friend etc if I gain control over my life. I need a job and instead of looking for one, I sit here and complain about money!! Well get off my A** and get a job. Yes, I know what I got to do because I am tired of living my life like this!!! Why am I putting this all on here, I dont know. I guess just need to get it out. Who wants me in there life If I dont like myself. Please be kind, I know I need to change and I am willing too, I have no other choice and no one can make me happy but me. If you pray please pray for me to become a better person. Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 1:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Alcohol is a nasty thing. I have seen it destroy people. First step is to throw all the alcohol away. Getting a job may not be what you want to do right now, if it is great, otherwise try something else to occupy your time. How about a class or two at community college? The intersession starts in January. Take a fun class like photography or whatever interests you. It will get you out of the house and involved with positive people.
    First step though is to get rid of that nasty alcohol. You're better than that stuff.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think its great you are seeing this - I wish you the best in getting help!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You are going to need support. Have you thought about going to AA?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• thats the first an important step now look for some kind of help.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Seek help to rid yourself of the alcohol addiction and then find something that gives you fulfillment and a sense of accomplishment (as Orionsgirl advises).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You just have to take small steps. I would work on the alcohol first, maybe AA. That is the most important. I feel if you can get that under control maybe everything else will fall into place. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I hope you can overcome these adversities. My prayers are with you and your family. Good Luck!!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Hon, if alcohol is taking over your life and your life is simultaneously going in the shtter, you might be an alcoholic. That does not mean you are a bad person. If you are suffering depression, that doesn't mean you are a bad person. If there is another cause, it doesn't mean you are a bad person. What you do from here on out will define what kind of person you are. You've admitted something is wrong. You know that YOU are still in there somewhere, and you miss you. Will you embark on the journey to find you? I really hope you will.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 2:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• At the beginning of the show Intervention they always say something like "Millions of Americans struggle with addiction, and most need help to stop." Even if you aren't homeless and living in the gutter because of a drinking problem, there are so many issues usually involved that getting help really can give you a better chance of making the changes you are looking for, and there are lots of resources out there thru local government, churches, etc. When you drink it alters your brain so you aren't always thinking clearly enough to get sober and make better choices on your own without some help. You took the first step by admitting you don't like the direction you are headed, and if you have the strength to come here and say it then you can have the strength to seek more help. Best of luck to you!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thanks all I will seek help, I have to yes, I miss me!!! I appreciate all your kind words.
    Lisa_Lynn

Comment by Lisa_Lynn (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010