When you go grocery shopping do you bag your own groceries?

Or do you wait until the cashier is done ringing everything up & let her/him bag all your items? I see this a lot with older Women. My Mother would never (since I was small) bag her own groceries. I guess a long time ago that was standard. But I have to say that when I am in line behind someone who does not bag themselves, I get a little annoyed. I bag my own since I do not want to spend one extra minute in the grocery store! I hate to grocery shop!!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Shopping

• When I lived in NY and CT, I had to bag my own groceries. The cashiers would do it if no one else did, but they were so slow, it was like they were purposely going slow so you'd jump in and finish up for them. Since I moved to PA, all the stores have baggers and they are friendly, fast and efficient so I let them do what they do best. I really do appreciate it when the stores have their own baggers.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 9:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It depends on where I go. If I go to WalMart, I don't have the option to do it myself, they pick it up, scan it and it goes straight in the bag. If I go to Giant Eagle, I usually help them bag cause even though they have baggers but they are slow. If I go to Aldi's or Save-A-Lot, you don't have any option but to bag yourself...

So it depends...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My grocery store has baggers who do it for you.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The cashiers here have the sacks on a spinny thing, the bag the groceries as they ring them up and then spin them around to the customer.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I bag my own every chance I get and have often said, "thats ok, go help someone else, I got this"...... but its because I want 4-5 bags NOT 12!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I bag my own. My 7 year old daughter loves to do it. But I really love when they have someone there to do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't bag my stuff. Where I shop, they do it for me as they scan my stuff. If I were at a store where they were not bagging, I would do it so I can get my things and leave. At the grocery stores here, they have baggers that also bring your items to your car for you which I usually tell them I have it as I like to put my stuff in my car my way, lol.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Rarely & only if the store is slow, do they have baggers here.
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes because i don't want to wait on a bagger so i'll help the cashier if the setup is the way jewel's store is
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 4:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• if i have all 5 kids with me, i can not help with the bagging. i have helped in the past though. when i lived in ireland and england you had to bag your own groceries, and you had to pay for the bags. most people brought their own bags. the cashiers all had chairs too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010