omg, my 23 month old is having a meltdown right now as we speak, over a DRINK!

she handed me her cup and said "more" her cup is still half full! i said "you still have to finish this" and she said "please moooree" and i still told her she has to finish what she already has. now she's crying and screaming and won't let up on this damn refill! should i just give into her demands and pour a few drops in, making her think i gave her more but just hand her back the cup that's already half full!? or let her have this meltdown over nothing!?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes kids feel like they need to have the extra . I say give her the few drops after all she did say please.
    The old saying you got to give to get. You want to build your parent child bond not just let her roll over screaming about something mom can fix. After all that's what moms are about (fixing it) right!
    momofx4

Answer by momofx4 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'd let her have the meltdown over nothing.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would tell her that if she calms down you'll put more in her cup. That way you both win.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I usually give in and just give her a few drops of whatever she want's in the cup. It's better than hearing the screaming, and crying over stupid things. It's over as soon as you do it.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• lol, she actually got quiet and i thought she gave up for a few minutes there. then out of nowhere she starts crying "more, more more!!" aahhhh! this child!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• take the cup away and send her to her room
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i just gave in and put a little bit in there. she came to the kitchen and saw the milk out so she believed she got a full refill.. lol. she's happy as a clam now. thanks for the answers!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010