I almost passed out... now what do I do ? adult content

Yesterday I had a procedure done on my breast ( it got an infection which caused a large hard lump that they cut out ) ... I already had anxiety and I was very faint feeling during the procedure ( I was just numbed) ... but after drinking some water and laying there for a while I was OK.

Today my brother who is an emt came to change the gauze and stuff ( I have to twice a day) .. the gauze where kind of stuck, and there was alot of them in the hole..it hurt badly and after he pulled them out I slid to the floor basically clacking out ( it looked like I was looking through a black fuzzy picture frame, I had loud rining in my ears, it felt like my muscles gave out, etc) ..after sitting on the floor for a few minutes I thought I was ok to get up, but then I seen the blood running down and my head spinned so fast that I threw up...

I was ok after he was done putting them back in and everything but now I am feeling

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 2:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• that feeling again but I was just sitting here when it came to me...

I cannot get ahold of my brother or my mom ( nurse) .... but it this normal after doing it one time?

What can I do ?
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You need to rest, push fluids and try to relax. Next time the dressing is changed lay down first. Do not look while it is being done. If you have a pain medication take it at least 45 minutes before you expect to have the dressing changed. If the wound is bleeding to the point it is soaking through the dressing contact your Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'd call the Dr just to be on the safe side.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010