are you a vegitarian? if so why did you choose to be?

I am not but just curious about why people are?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, I am a vegetarian. I've never liked meat, I don't find the need to eat what I don't like.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• When I was around 9 years old and really understood where the meat was coming from, I lost all desire to consume it. I'm an animal lover and to me, the thought of eating them would be how most people would feel if I suggested that they should eat a person. I'm in my 30's now, so that "phase" my parents thought I was going through as a kid sure has lasted a while :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My daughters are. They do it for ethical reasons.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm not but from my understanding there are 2 main reasons- Health and Ethics.

Some people do feel that forgoing meat is actually healthier and how your body is supposed to function. Others either boycott it because of treatment or because they don't believe in eating other lifeforms.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I tried to be vegetarian but couldn't do it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm not. Some people think it's healthier though, and others don't like the idea of eating something that was alive.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011