my brother said something real horrible about his son (who has caused alot of problems but still) he wished he had never been born do any of you ever wished that ?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• God NO! I feel guilty just because your brother said that about his own kid. I had a friend who's husband said that about their kids, and they heard him. Their kids act up, pretty bad. Poor parenting. It really is. They fight a lot. She would tell her daughter she's stupid, and she'd pull her hair. But she'd treat her son like he was 'the good kid'. He'd just be hateful to both of them. They never should have had kids, they just can't treat them well at all.

Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I can't imagine my Life without my Son. I thank God every day for giving me such a precious Gift, the Gift that saves my Life every day. I love my Son more than anyone could ever love another human being, He is my Universe and my meaning of Life!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Never, that is something a parent says out of frustration and anger and the hurt it can cause can stay in the child's heart through adulthood...no matter how badly the child is behaving at the time. Your brother needs to find some help for his child and some help to express himself in a more constructive manner.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That is the worst thing anyone could say about their kid..and my bio mother said it to my face countless times when I was growing up. It's not something you can take back, either, whether or not you actually say it to your child.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• that's sad that your brother feels that way
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 2:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• NEVER Shame on your brother for such a statement and I hope his child never hears that he said such an awful thing.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My life would be non-existent without my son. I could never imagine wishing that.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That thought has never crossed my mind. If that child ever hears that from him. It will be devestating. My mil told my husband she couldn't look at him because he looked too much like his dad. They were divorced. He still has issues over that.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Although, my kids drive me to want to run out in traffic, I would never ever wish they werent born, they have taught me alot and still are, I dont know how old your brother's son is, and I dont know what issues he has caused, but could it be that bad that he would say something like that, and maybe it should be worked out to were that he goes somewhere else, if your brother is treating him badly, your nephew didnt ask to be born.
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• he doesn't deserve that child.
    lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 4:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010