is this how it works with school photos?

my 4 year old had her school picture taken on her birthday, which was back on 10/13. just yesterday, i got a packet in her backpack that shows how the picture came out, but all that was in it were 2 cut outs to fill her information for amber alert awareness. that's all well and fine.. but.. i ordered a package with the check for the cost inside the same day as the pictures were taken, just as instructed to do so. i should be receiving the pictures i paid for soon right? it has been over a month, and all i got were two little inserts? is this how it's done with school photos?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in

• My older boys pictures came back quick, my youngest I got the 'Amber alert' cards first and then about a week later the picture package arrived. If the pictures don't arrive within the next few days I'd call the school and ask about them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't usually order thier school photos. That doesn't sound right though. I would be calling the school.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• no,not here it isnt. We got our pics 2 weeks into the school year. They were taken 9/20. You need to contact the school.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I haven't gotten our pictures yet. They can take a while.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• ugh.. i was afraid of that. her school has been irritating me to no end lately, although i know the pictures were taken by a separate company who comes to the school. it still could've been a school error, like losing the form i had filled out with the check inside.

in her3 months of attending this school, i have been blamed twice for not returning her library books and being fined with the money to cover the cost. when both times i did put them in her backpack, and surely enough they always magically appear at school after i bring up the fact that i DID return them. not to mention being fined for not donating money to their endless causes. if i dont donate, i have to pay you? for throwing a cause you cannot afford? ugh and now this! great!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Has the check cleared your account? If so, then you know the form wasn't lost. Contact the company to see what is going on, the number should be on the Amber alert card.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Here we dont pay before we get the proofs back, so we can order them if we like them, or get re takes. They also do several poses, so we pick the pose we like. Then we send in the $ with the order form. I think paying at the time of the picture is an odd way of doing it, as what if you dont like it?
    Anyhow I would see if the cheque cleared and call the photo company, and they normaly have a web site too?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010