How long did you breastfeed for?

Just curious to know how long everyone breastfeed their baby for. I'm at 4 months and I find it exhausting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 12 months, 12 months, and 15 months. The longer you do it the less exhausting it will be.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 13 months for both of my children. It shouldn't be that bad after 4 months, or that exhausting. Perhaps you should find a lactation consultant. They might give you some tips that could really make a difference for you.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• #1 - 2 weeks
    # 2 - 9 months
    # 3 - 8 months.
    I supplemented with formula. I went back to work and didn't pump.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My oldest nursed til he was 13 months. At that point I had to stop because I was due with my second son and my body simply couldn't keep up with his need and support the lil one. He was 9lbs 5ozs at birth and yes, I was exhausted... He nursed every 45mins for up to an hour at a time. We ended up supplementing with formula because my health and my pregnancy were actually in danger for some time...

With my "youngest" I nursed til he was 24 months, then he was ready to be done and I was too... He wasn't so bad though because he was smaller and he didn't take so much out of me as the older one did. But he refused a bottle, even with breast-milk in it....

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• At 4 months I remember sitting there and just crying my eyes out, I was exhausted and burned out, and just flat done. I tried and tried to wean my dd to a bottle, but she won't take one. It got easier once my husband got home and I had some help, and now at 10 months we are still nursing, and it's not bad anymore. She sleeps more so I'm not exhausted and she isn't nursing as often.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 6 months for all of them. Then, I pumped and it went into a cup for the next few months while I weened them onto cow's milk. They were on straight cow's milk by 9 months.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• DS-2 weeks he was lactose intolerant and had acid reflux and with DD still going at 5 months.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I nursed for 7 months. It can get easier, in the near future your little one should get on a more set schedule, but if you can it really does help to sleep when they sleep- I say housework be damned- if Mama needs sleep the dishes can wait. Good luck- I hope you can hang in there or maybe get a little help.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Keep at it, I only made it for almost 3 months, but there was certain cirumstances why it didn't work out, but I plan on going longer with my next baby.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 14 mos, 21 mos, 15 mos, 15 mos and still going at almost 6 months.
    it does get easier and easier. eventually they will start eating solids, and then more solids, and then just bf in the morning, at naptime and bedtime.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010