does this sound normal? adult content

last night i was layin in bed, i had my right arm kinda layin over my head and i felt my breast w/ my left hand. when i touched it i think i felt a lump, but im not sure. so i started to fell around both of my breasts and as i was felling i noticed that if i pushed down on the area all the way around both of my areolas there is a gap between what i guess is my breast tissue and my areola. is this normal? thanx mamas

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• If you're concerned about it there's no harm in having your doctor check it out. Even if it's just to ease your mind.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I say go to the dr to be on the safe side. My motto is "Better to be safe then sorry!" I hope it's nothing bad and good luck :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 2:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would not panic. You could go to your obgyn I they can do an exam & you could go for a mamogram. It's easy & non invasive. Most women have lumpy breasts caused by glands or benign cysts but better safe then sorry.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Is the lump new?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i dont know ive never felt it b4 but then again i never given myself an exam like i did last night.
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes go have it checked out. Then remember to check your self monthly, that way you will know whats normal for you.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010