Do you believe this? Re: dating

Do you think that if you tell a man you'll go back to his place, that he expects sex? Or can it still be innocent and you're going back to his place to say...watch a movie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• For the most part, he expects something. I was date raped at a guy's apartment for being stupid and not thinking that he actually had to make a phone call and just figured to not have me sit in the car and wait.
    Anonymous

• If I was a man I would want a movie and sex....lol
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I guess I would make that clear before I went.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think that if you say you will go back, his initial thought will be he's gonna get some. And even if you make it clear it's gonna be a movie, he's still gonna try for sex. If you do not want sex, I wouldn't go if I were you. Not in this day, just to be safe. Unless you really know him, or you know you can kick his ass.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree with Shanna84 I would def make it clear and if you are not comfortable than don't go.
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• He expects it. "Wanna come up to my place?" TRANSLATION: "Do you want to come up and have sex?" Period. Even if you make it clear, if you go, they will still try for it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My thoughts.

What he may or may not be expecting would depend on a few factors in my mind.
    1) How far has the relationship progressed?
    2) Has it already become a sexual relationship or not?
    3) What type of evening has been had, has it been casual or full of heavy flirting/petting and sexual innuendo?
    4) What vibe have I put out there. Have I given the impression that I'm interested in sex or not?

I personally feel that interactions/actions between two people really have a lot to do with what they expect from one another in any given situation.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• translations of what men hear and what men think they hear

come back to my place=easy one... i am going to get me some sex
    would you like to come up for some coffee= i have to wait ten minutes, make coffee and then i am going to get me some sex
    would you like to come over for dinner at my place= i have to wait as long it takes to eat something before i get some sex=better think of something for dinner that does not take long to prepare
    you look nice today= those boobs are looking bog and i am going to be touching those when i get me some of that sex
    can you please pass the butter= i want to have sex with her
    would you like dessert=hope she does not because it will take longer for me to try to get her up to my place to have sex
    ask directions? i am not lost= boy, i would really like to have sex right now
    did i remember to get gerbil food when i was at the store= when was the last time i had sex
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• LMAO fiatpax..hmm I wonder what is on his mind?!?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Often guys will try to get you to come over using some "innocent" reason like watching a movie or cooking you dinner or something. But their real intent is - well - you know.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010