LGBT community and your kids do you allow your kids to be around people in this lifestyle?

In the society today the number of same sex couples having kids and adopting has rised.
Where it was rare to see two people of the same sex but intimate in public now it is everywhere you look. How do you feel whether for or against it how do you allow in your kids lives.
Have you allow your kids to be knowledgeable about this kind of lifestyle? or Do you shy away from it because you do not believe in it or just don't want to answer questions dealing with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My favorite sitter is gay. Enough said.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Honestly, I don't even think about it.... Gay and lesbian couples are no different in my eyes than straight couples, so why would I avoid them? It's not an issue in my book, and because of that, I don't think my son will ever question it, either. People are people, period.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• She's too young to understand, but of course I will tell her about homosexuality. We have friends who are gay. There's nothing wrong with it, why should I treat it like there is something to be ashamed of?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't even notice, I think if it unnoticable or not mentioned by me,hopefully my kids will grow up not noticing.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm openly and proudly Bisexual, although I am happily married to a man. My children are only 3 & 4 at this point but we have always made a point to explain to them that people love who people love, and we don't weigh heavily on gender or sexuality norms... Although at this point we don't have the opportunity to expose our children to a family like that when and if we do we would be happy to do so, it wouldn't really be any different than any other family in my mind... And as we have done the "sex talks" we have always included homosexual relationships and sex in their education. We feel it's very important to show them from little up that there is no difference between heterosexual love & relationships and homosexual love & relationships...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It used to bother me, but I have learned and changed so much recently......I want my children to be around people who are family oriented, decent, love their families sort of people.....I know gay couples who fit into this category so sexual orientation no longer plays into who I want my children to be around....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In our house we accept everyone for who they are. Some of my best friends are gay and one of his school friends has 2 daddies. He is only 4 and hasn't asked any questions, but I think that because it's not an issue, he won't think anything of it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• "we have always made a point to explain to them that people love who people love"

What a great way to put it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Never really thought about it...homosexuality doesn't bother me. If they ask about it, I"ll just say you love who you love, and that's all tat matters.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son's god-parents are a same sex couple... and we live in downtown Portland Oregon. Which is 2nd only to San Francisco ( on the West Coast) in terms of Gay Pride.. So yeah. My son has been around, homosexuals/ same sex couples his entire life. It's the norm to him, a couple is a couple,gay or straight, a person is a person gay or straight, they are all the same.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010