stay at 2 or go to 3?

dh and i wanna have another baby but im worried that it goin to b 3 times as hard on me. when i was just ds it was so easy then dd came and i lost my mind lol, now that im used to it, i was wondering how does having 3 kids differ from having 2.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you're worried about the impact of another child on you, then you need to talk to DH about it because you're obviously not on the same page about it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I also almost lost my mind going from 1 to 2 but I have heard several times that going from 1 - 2 is the hardest transition and that anything after that is cake. Go for it, you'll make it through!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You adjust and it does get easier, I have 4 and they range from 18-3 and it can be busy at times. Depends on how you raise your kids. If you are like me and others and keep your kids involved in extra stuff, it can be hard sometimes. Someone always has something going on and needs something :)
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 2:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I hear the dynamics of 3 children are fantstic! Each one will have a different relationship with the other. If you want another, GO FOR IT!!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Going from one to two was hard for me, because my oldest was only 22 month old when my daughter was born. After that, however, it was just another one. I think if you can handle 2, you can certainly handle three. Don't underestimate yourself. I think the only thing that is harder is that life gets more hectic, because they all have different interests and things to do. However, you adjust to that pretty quickly.
    Treefrog64

Answer by Treefrog64 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I had 2 that were 20 months apart. The transition was fairly easy because DD was extremely easy. When DD was 5 I had a 3rd. He through things off a bit for a while because he had severe reflux. Once that got handled it got easier and easier. DS2 is a fairly easy going kid. Made the transition a lot easier.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• For me going from 2- to 3 was not bad at all! My oldest is going to be 8, a 4``/2 yr old and Colin is 2! Its been great really My 2 oldest are huge helpers because they WANT to be and have been from the start. If you are flexable at first but have routine you'll do fine!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010