If Jesus came to your house for a day what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would definitely welcome Him in and offer Him food and drink, ask Him if He would like to kick His feet up and relax, offer to pray with Him and then I'd fall on my knees and thank Him for giving His life to save mine and washing me clean with His blood.
    I wonder hibicent if those are the angels that are sent to test us(?? ! ) Somewhere in the Bible it says when we feed the poor and give rest to the weary, and take care of the poor, we will be entertaining angels, unaware. So many times men and women have approached our car (as my mom and I were shopping or grabbing a bite to eat) and asked for money. I always think "What if that were ME?? How would I want a person to respond?"
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would welcome him in and fall to my knees and worship him and pray with him and take him so people can see that he is real and he did die for there sins. Praise the Lord forever.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• probably faint. What do you offer Jesus?
    Anonymous

• I think Jesus comes into our lives on a daily basis. He is the beggar in the streets, the homeless seeking shelter, the hungry seeking nourishment.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The first thought that popped into my head was, "wow, I'd do some cleaning if I knew Jesus were coming over!" Which is pretty silly, actually! Do I think He can't see my messy house right now?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would prob faint too! lol Then Id ask him if he could let my Mom see her Dad just one more time. :( And for me to see him too!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• AMEN hibicent
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• April, I live my life (or try to anyway) by the idea that what I put out there is what comes back to me. So far, it has served me well. I believe that if we would all just try a little kindness toward one another, a little charity, our world would be such a nice place to live in. People quote scripture, but quoting it doesn't do it justice, we must try to live it.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Amen, hibicent!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i'm suddenly reminded of an old, old song ..'if i knew you were coming, i'd have baked a cake!' lol i guess i'd put everything aside and just enjoy the company, like old friends, have a few laughs, shed a few tears, talk and just enjoy the day. then, ask Him if i could go home with Him...of course, i think He'd tell me my work wasn't done...so, we'd finish off the cake, have another glass of milk, or wine, if He provided, since i don't have any currently.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008