How long does it take you to fall asleep? Your SO?

It seems like men fall asleep faster than women, at least the men I know. Why is this? I lay awake for 15 minutes at least...DH is out in less than 3.

Jessy0419

Asked by Jessy0419 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Me about 1-2hrs. Him 2min. I cant sleep good and when i do fall asleep i dontsleep for long. he sleeps solid for 6-8 hrs straight.
    Anonymous

• My husband falls asleep in like 2 seconds not minutes. He can sleep sitting up. He can sleep anywhere.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• my fiance falls asleep within the first few mins of lying down me it take hours....if i can even get to sleep that night.
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Sometimes I don't...

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have a sleep disorder, so I have to take meds to help me sleep. It usually takes me about 30 minutes or an hour. Hubby is out in about 3 minutes.
    Anonymous

• Totally true, especially if there's been some lovin'. LOL.

Even without it, my hubby's usually out in less than 5 minutes. It typically takes me about a half hour.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• About as long as it takes the melatonin to kick in. If I don't take it I'm up all night! Not looking forward to the week break I'm supposed to take from it. DH can fall asleep in less than a minute. He works shifts though and is always behind on his sleep.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I remember when I was younger it used to take me a while to fall asleep...I am now 40 and as soon as I lay my head on the pillow...I"M OUT!! I go into REM sleep pretty quickly to because I've woken up like a hour later because I had to pee....and I remember the dream I had. Ya know it's REM sleeping, the good kind when your dreaming. My hubby can't figure out how I go to sleep so quickly and he has to take medicine to sleep. I just lay my head of the pillow and deep breathe slowly and next thing I know...it's morning...UGH...I am not a morning person either!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My husband can sleep anywhere. He is usually snoring by the time his head reaches his pillow. I can usually fall asleep in less than 3 minutes unless I've stayed up too late, then it may take hours.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• hah!! My hubby can fall asleep in 10 mins or less. Me, anywhere from 20 minutes to a few hours, and then sometimes it's like I'm up every hour. Especially when he SNORES. >_< I have to yell at him and shove him to roll over. And then he'll roll right back over and start snoring again!! lol. We've been married 3 1/2 years. You think I'd own several pair of earplugs by now, but I don't even own one!! lol
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2008