Does anyone else get anxious about children's birthday parties?

We are having a birthday party for my stepdaughter at Kidz Rule, which for those of you who aren't familiar, is an indoor inflatable playland and party center for kids. My stepdaughter went to one of these parties a few months back and she wanted to go there for here 9th birthday. The issue is, we sent out the invitations 2 weeks ago and not one person has RSVP'd so far. Kidz Rule requires you to call them 48 hrs before the party to give them a head count but I am very concerned that no one will call. I had a similar issue for her birthday last year, but we found out from the kids themselves that they couldn't come. We ended up rescheduling, but at least last year we were having it at home so no big deal if not everyone RSVP'd. I am sick with worry that A. no one will be able to come or B. no one will RSVP. How can parents put other parents through such anguish?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 2:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it is rude not to rsvp if you ARE going. Some of them may have misplaced the invites or forgotten. A short call to "finalize count" would be a good ideal.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Can you call everyone? Does the school have a directory so you can get the numbers? That's what I would do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i think you should call everyone too.
    for the first time i experienced some people not rsvp'ing. i called the moms. they all apologized.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010