Do you have gray hair and if so, when did it first appear and how long have you been coloring it?

I started getting gray at age 18, only then it was a few strands here and there. By age 24 It was more concentrated and I had to start coloring it regularly.

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 2:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I began turning grey at 32. I colored for 15 yrs. Then I finally said screw it. It takes a little getting used to. It's a journey into self acceptance. I'm glad I don't have the expense or hassle of coloring, not to mention the damage it does to your hair.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I *thought* that the strawberry blonde highlights I have always had were becoming more pronounced... until I looked more closely (I am the wash n wear type, and I don't spend much time in front of a mirror). Turns out that they are platinum!!! OMFG! And they are becoming more, and more, and more visible as my hair grows out (I had cut it insanely short last year). My kids and SO (and mom, and bff) noticed it. :(
    I won't color, I'll just take it as a sign that mother nature has granted me strands of wisdom for my hardships.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 25 my SO pointed it out the other day. I went and colored it yesterday.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 2:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Started graying at 18, colored it until I turned 51, then said - F**k it, I'm not coloring it any more!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm starting to get more strands and I am 36. If I get my hair highlighted, they blend in.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I first started getting grey hair at 40 (I'm now 48). I still have a few here and there, I have not started getting full on streaks/patches yet.. I'm waiting for them though.. lol

No. I do not dye my hair.. I'm proud of my greys and they are beautiful. I want to have that beautiful silver/white grey hair like Emily Lou Harris has.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm now 40 and have been going gray for a few years. Thankfully my hair is blond, so you don't really see it much unless you look hard. My mother was totally gray by 50 and I think I'm following in her footsteps. I'm not going to dye it, because My mom's is such a pretty shade of white that fades to silver in the back and mine looks to be the same.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh... I noticed the first one a couple years ago. I'm 26
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am 32 and noticed my first silver strands at the temples this summer. So far, I am just pulling them out because I have yet to get another hair cut to send to Locks of Love. After this cut I may start coloring it, after all, what kid wants my old-lady grey streaked hair?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I got a streak on my right temple when I was 19 consisting of about 30 hairs. Now I am 33 I have been noticing more random white hairs, but they are not really noticeable to others yet. My younger sister is 31 and she has more than I do. She dyes hers to cover them. I don't dye mine and am not sure I ever will. Although I saw a little old lady with peach hair the other day and I thought it was too cute.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010