Sarah Palin's happiness is what really irks Liberals?

For her fans, she is refreshingly up and resilent, the bubbly friend from childhood who always great at cheering you up and cheerleading you on.
But for her detractors, nothing raises the ire of cynical liberals more than a happy-go-lucky, totally unburdened, freethinking and self-assured conservative women who has everything she wants and then some, and without anyone's help.
John McCain's imprimtum centainly launched her into the national spotlight, but she became the youngest and first female governor of Alaska all on her own. How dare she?
Liberalism after all, needs to imagine an unhappy populace. Passing sweeping entitlement programs and convincing voters that big government is the answer only works if people are frustrated with their stations in life.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010/11/17/2010-11-17_sarah_palins_happiness_is_what_really_ir

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sarah Palin Picture Gallery sidesplittinglaughter

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• laughingI love you natesmom!

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No, her "happiness" has absolutely nothing to do with why I hate her. It's the fact that she, through the policies she wants to enact, will set the rights of women back tot he 18th century. That she mistakes sassiness for real feminism.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think you're right, Natesmom… :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

Details please?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thanks for posting this. I have often wondered why some women hate her so much. Not just disagree with her policies, but spout so much venom about her.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• And if she is such an idiot, why worry that she will be in a position of running this country? Don't you have more faith in the voters? Or is it simply because they have already shown that they are willing to vote in an inexperienced political hack, which means that she might actually have a shot at it?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• UpSheRises-really?
    the guardians of usage at the New Oxford American Dictionary awarded the former Alaska governor the higher-brow distinction of coining 2010's "word of the year" — "refudiate"
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't mind Sarah Palin. She is very effective in what she is doing right now. I have to say though, I was clicking through the channels the other night before I was going to bed and I clicked by her show on Discovery or TLC (whichever it is). I don't think I can watch the show with the sound on. She seems (and maybe this is just while I was watching) to feel like she needs to be talking all of the time. I find that uncomfortable. The scenery was breathtaking though. It's neat that her and her family get to experience some of these things, the one's that they don't do normally. I guess I just don't understand the POV of those that hate her so much that they spew venom about her. They must really care about her (or fear what she is possible of), otherwise they wouldn't give her a second thought. I just don't understand the haters. LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That's stupid.

People don't dislike her because she's happy, they disliker her because of all the stupid shit she says.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010