Do you feel your child's teacher is doing his/her job in the classroom? Public/Private or Homeschool

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 2:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes, we are military, in DODEA school district . The teachers are all sensitive to deployments, theyalso teach a grade level above other schools, they ae supportive, and kind! I love it! We have lived in 2 diffent tates and 2 posts and both schools ( same shool district b/c it is army) were phenomenal!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My kids are in public school and this has always been a concern to me, but so far all of my children's teachers have gone above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. I am very happy with all the teachers they have had to date.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well, we homeschool so yes, I think my kids' teacher does her job. (c: I have my days where I worry that I'm not enough, but what mom doesn't have days like that? I know that we are doing the very best for our kids by homeschooling them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my dd is 5, and is in preschool. i think she plays more at school than she learns. i ask her everyday what the letter of the week is, and she can never tell me.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 6:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son is in private school and his teacher is excellent. She goes out of her way to make sure he doesn't get bored. She does a lot of one on one time with all the kids so they all keep up.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My daughter is in third grade in a public school. It's a small public school but I feel like she gets the attention she needs to be able to learn. I have heard plenty of horror stories about kids slipping through the cracks but I feel we have been very lucky. Each year I worry that this is the year that something goes wrong and each year I am proven wrong. I did toy with the idea of homeschooling but I am very glad that she has had the experiences she has had. Also, because she is an only, I feel she is learning a little bit about not being the center of attention by being in a classroom situation.
    questioningcleo

Answer by questioningcleo at 3:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, my son has a great teacher.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Interesting info. JoLee! Thanks for the service from your family!!!
    spottedpony

Comment by spottedpony (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010