Question about OPK's

I'm new to this site, this is my first post, actually, and I'm not really sure how this works. I can't get answers anywhere else, so I hope this gets me some answers. DH and I have been TTC for two years. I just started taking OPK's. Every day at noon I take one (it always has a very faint test line). Well, between 8 & 9 last night, I wanted to take another. The test was darker than the control line, which I knew meant positive. I just wanted to know if it is possible to get a false positive on an OPK? I didn't take it at the usual time, and my OB said that I probably wouldnt O this month, bc of cysts on my ovaries. Today the line is almost nonexistant again. So....could it indeed be a false positive, or did I O?! Please help.

payige

Asked by payige at 2:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you O'd, I was always told not to take them til later in the afternoon/evening because thats when the hormone shows up, not in the morning, IDK about noon, but I was told not to take them BEFORE noon for sure.
    I hope you did a baby dance just in case! lol! Good luck!
    SweetiePeasMama

Answer by SweetiePeasMama at 1:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010