TTC had 5 Positive tests but MD said no go how do you handle it?

I have been trying to get pregnant had all the symptoms and waited the 6 weeks and 2 missed period.Finally took 5 tests and all said I was pregnant last one was at the dr office but then he took blood and my hope left. I was crushed as if they said I had miscarried I hate these feelings.
HOW DO YOU HANDLE THE FALSE POSITIVES?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 2:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your doc needs two blood draws to know you have miscarried. They need to see if your hCG is going up or down. If it was less than 5 then he could be saying that is a negative result, but if you had 5 pos HPT then you need to becareful bc you could have miscarried and had if you don't expel it you could get a serious infection. If you are not scheduled to go back you need to call and have your hCG checked again at least.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 4:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thats WAY too many "false" positives, IMO. Wait until the blood results come back and stay positive.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You don't get 5 false positives. That's unheard of. They always take your blood to confirm honey! It's procedure!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• But honey, we are telling you, maybe you are still! Time will tell! It's not the first time this has happened. They will probably re test you in two weeks.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Those lines on those tests don't show up by accident. The pregnancy hormone has to be there to make that happen. Just take a break from it in you mind for awhile. Go do something. Keep us updated! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Please call and schedule another blood test, you need to know if your hcg levels have gone up or down. The blood test need to be at least 2 days after the first one.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• they were all urine same and then the blood came back negative and my questions were how do you deal with thinking you are pregnant and then finding out you are not .
    karing4elmas

Comment by karing4elmas (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am so sorry I am really emotional right now thank you both . This time is hard because with my son things were so easy and now this future lil one is taking his/her time to be concieved.
    karing4elmas

Comment by karing4elmas (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Just wait and let the doctor retest.
    good luck and try not to worry too much.
    I know easyer said then done
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010