I need help: Morning (Allday) Sickness edition

I'm almost 8weeks pregnant and I haven't been able to keep anything down for a few days and it's exhausting!!! I try to keep myself hydrated but I feel as if I'm not getting enough nutrients since I'm not keeping any of my food/vitamins down. Any suggestions? Is this ok or should I contact my doctor? It may sound stupid but I honestly don't know what to do.

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 3:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree I had this same issue. Call your doctor he/she may give you some meds to help with the sickness as well as some good advice. For me I drank lots of water because dehidration was on of the problems that made my sickness worse. Also stress added to that. Take a hot bath (but not to hot) take a bottle of cold water in there or ginger ale even ice cubes. maybe play some of your favorite music and just relax. I found from personal experence that taking a hot bath and enjoying a cold water or ginger ale and maybe some crackers while your in the bath helped calm my tummy long enough for everything to stick. Which made it eaiser to eat later. Just watch what you eat have small meals instead of big ones. Watch out for grease even alot of spices try to keep it simple. Best of luck to ya.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 3:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It wouldn't hurt to contact your doctor. My sickness was so bad during the first trimesters of my pregnancies that I had to get a prescription for Zofran. It knocked out the sickness completely!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If you aren't holding anything down, then Yes, call your DR,. I had all day sickness but I never threw up so I just dealt with it for 6 months but you don't want to not get what your body needs for you or the baby = so yes, call :) Good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes mine was bad ask your doc for zofran or promethazine it works promise
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 3:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I was sick all the time too. Had to take Zofran.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• thanks
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010