How do you put eyeliner on?

Where do you apply your eyeliner...it never looks good or natural when I do it. I need some pointers on how to make it look natural and not sloppy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Well, it depends on the actual eyeliner to be honest. I prefer MAC liquid because it has a larger brush than most. I apply it, apply it to one area of the lid, immediately correct any mistakes with a Q tip and then do the rest of the areas. It takes getting used to, but I've conquered it. I also use a magnifying mirror.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I use the self sharpening pencil and put a think line on the top...or a bit thicker depending on the situation. But then I put the eye liner on the inside of the rim of the bottom.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 3:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Get liquid and put it across your upper lid. The you pencil in black on the bottom lid on the inner corners.It takes practice but I never put pencil on top because it smears too much.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i use black. I like for my eyes to "pop". I usually go for the smokey look.

where to apply
    1. underneath top lid
    2. on top of top lid, then smear and blend with brush
    3. bottom lid smear with brush
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I just use the regular eyeliner.. not the pencil but the kind you can turn the bottom and it turns up..
    I just put in on the bottom of my eye..on that wet part.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• put on your lower lid to make it simple. if you want something more dramatic you can put it on your lower lid and upper lid.
    CassieM2B

Answer by CassieM2B at 3:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Ditto to inside rim of the bottom PLUS, inside rim of the top, both with a self sharpening crayon/pencil.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I mostly use a liquid liner pen with a felt tip. It's really easy to work with, and I put it on my upper lid only.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• check out youtube for instruction videos, they have everything up there lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 5:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Personally I go for more drama with the "pin-up" eyes however if you're looking for something natural:

Id go for a more natural color like a dark brown depending on your skin tone/hair color and if you want a more natural look then apply to the inside bottom lid or a VERY fine line on the top i use liquids on top or pencils on bottom and if you can do the bottom lid without pulling your eyelid down than do it that way to avoid wrinkles in the future but if its smudging too much that way gently pull it down
    goldfish09

Answer by goldfish09 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010