Starting too early!

Is anyone else with me in that Christmas seems to start earlier & earlier every year? I don't really care if you celebrate it or not, I was just wondering if it was like this everywhere.

hootie826

Asked by hootie826 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it does start earlier and earlier. I love Christmas and all that but by the time it actually gets here, I'm tired of hearing the music and seeing the decorations. I would rather start it all right after Thanksgiving and keep it going until about the middle of January.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes it is. I think we should embrace the time we are in and not keep looking to the future. So many times we miss what is happening currently because we are trying to get to the next moment. For example, instead of enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday, many are worried about getting their Christmas decorations up and getting out the door on Black Friday to do their shopping and do not take the time to enjoy the day on Thanksgiving. I do know that it is some people traditions to get on the Christmas bandwagon right away but it just seems like we are always rushing through the current moment.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If I could..I would start celebrating Christmas the day after Christmas.. I ♥ it.!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. Stores are trying to compete with internet sales now so it starts earlier and earlier every year.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes and I love it.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It seems that way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree that Christmas is starting earlier every year but I guess it does not bother me like it does some people.I love Christmas decorations,Christmas music.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yep and more and more expensive too.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I saw christmas items right after Halloween . I think they have started really early and thanksgiving is not even over yet.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Around here many stores put Christmas decorations out for sale in September. And use much of Jan to clearance Christmas stuf 5months of Christmas. Is too much
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 3:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010