How do you meet new people?

I moved to a new town over a year ago, I have not made any new friends. I still communicate with some of my past friends via the internet, but that is it. I know an easy way would be to go to church, but I don't go. I am a stay at home mom, and that is pretty much what I do.... Stay home and be mom, lol!

flnangl82

Asked by flnangl82 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go to the park, join a group, volunteer somewhere.... just get out, if you don't get out, you won't meet anyone.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No help from me on that, sorry. I really have no friends either. Moved to our area 8 years ago and the only friends I have (or thought I did) were parents of my children and now that they are off doing their own thing these "friends" have nothing to do with me and act like they don't even know me.
    I currently travel with DH while he works (he travels for his work) and never seem to find anyone to talk with either.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yeah hun, you need to get out in order to meet people....

Answer by older at 3:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The last year has been pretty rough. I gave birth to my daughter 1 year ago today and she was only 2 lbs 13 oz so she couldn't really go anywhere after she came home. And having a little baby all year kept me inside. Now it is starting to get cold outside, but I am trying to stay positive that I will be able to get out more this coming year, but I am not one to walk up to people and be like, "Hey how's it going, wanna hang out?" I know it wouldn't be quite like that but still.... And Tony, sorry that you have been in this situation for so long, I am struggling after only a year :(
    flnangl82

Comment by flnangl82 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010