I can't stand my night terrors any longer. What helps stop sleep walking?

I've been having night terrors and I sleep walk sometimes every night of the week and have become an insomniac because of it.

Julianna6

Asked by Julianna6 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Health

• Have you seen the dr about it? it may be more too it. other wise things people say to avoid before bed are eating, getting good excerise during the day, and (sounds silly) but remember to have mostly possitive stuff going in to your brain (stay away from scairy movies, things that stress you out, ect)
    newmomanda

Answer by newmomanda at 3:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I know it is hard. I also have night terrors. Try to relax as much as possible before you go to bed. If you go to bed nervous, stressed, or tense, then you are more likely to have night terrors.
    Nicollynne

Answer by Nicollynne at 2:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I used to have those episodes when I was younger and would be afraid to go to sleep at night. During a night cycle I'd gat maybe 3 hours of sleep if I were lucky. As I got older, I found the remedy to stop it. Before going to bed, I'd get plenty of exercise to release the stress I was having, (as I lived in a house where weird things would happen) drink a nice cup of water and made sure I prayed and kept a Bible near me throughout the night and gradually it stopped.
    daisie

Answer by daisie at 3:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2008