when your child was teething/or is teething do you use oragel or do you have another trick to the trade?

when my son was teething i tried oragel and it worked for a week or 2 but that was it....my grandmother told me to use whiskey on his gums....just a tiny tiny amount on his gums...it worked for me...

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used orajel and frozen bagels they loved them. once they softened up I would toss them back in the freezer and give them a new one.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 3:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I did the orajel and also kept frozen wet cloths in freezer to let them chew on.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i love hylands teething tablets!!!!! they are the best!!!
    katherine84

Answer by katherine84 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my dad swears by whiskey, he put it on my gums when i was a teething baby. i never tried it with my own though, orajel and tyenol worked for mine. with my oldest i used teething tablets because she was in the most pain and they worked well for her. they also have teething binky's now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No whiskey... I hate when people tell me that lol. Try humphries.... all natural too!

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My pedi told me orajel can burn babys gums idk if theres truth to that...but i avoided it. We froze washclothes and bought toys that freeze and used the teething tablets! Tylenol when things got REAL bad at night! But that was about it...it wasnt too bad!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't do Orajel. Amber teething necklaces, teething tablets, frozen washcloths and time...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would give mine frozen teething biscuits-- they were all natural, quite thick so the kids were able to gnaw on them for quite a while before they turned to mush.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010