How do you make all four children in a blended family feel like you love them all equally?

Maybe differently, but definitely equally.

Treefrog64

Asked by Treefrog64 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I think the key to making them all feel loved equally is treating them all equally. We have very set rules and consequences, and the rules and consequences apply to all children at all times. We also sat down as a family and drafted a family constitution that we all strive to live by that stresses our rights and responsibilities within the family. There is a link here to ours http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1164811/Our_Family_Constitution?next=1#comments

Enforcing rules equally is one step that's important so no one kid is feeling picked on or treated unfairly, but it's also important to spend one on one time with the kids, and share activities with them as a group like cooking together, playing games, launching rockets, reading books, whatever things you all can enjoy together.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would make sure to have one on one time with each doing whatever they like to do with you. Trying to never treat anyone better than the other and definitely never comparing one to another.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• make dates -- I am a single mom of 3 boys... and we have date night where I spend quality time with just one of the children while they spend time visiting with family

and never compare them .. each one is individual and needs to be treated as such
    holfee

Answer by holfee at 6:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010