Who is the most famous person you ever met that was really down to earth?

On our honeymoon, there were chairs up and one older gentleman playing casino poker in Las Vegas. The dealer said no playing here. As we were walking away, the gentleman said no, don't do that. Let them play as he took down the stools. He then introduced himself as the producer of The Price is Right. He was so nice!Have you met anyone famous that was really down to earth?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• I used to be the Office Manager for a pediatric group in Manhatten... Some of the parents of our patients included Bette Midler, Don Imus, Joel Siegal, Rosie O'Donnell, Edie Brickell & Paul Simon and Matthew Modine and before that (although just briefly), I was the Billing Manager for Madison Medical, also in Manhatten, and some of the patients I met there were Leonardo DiCaprio, Princess Marina of Greece, Victor Garber & Christina Ricci.
    Meanwhile, I'd have to say the most down to earth was Bette Midler.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The Dalai Lama..

I met him years ago when he was here in Portland for a few speaking engagements. I was fortunate enough to actually get to be part of a "meet and greet" with his Holiness. He by far is the most down to earth "famous" person I have ever had the fortunate pleasure of meeting.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I forgot..LOL I met Jennifer Garner. Hell, I was shoulder to shoulder with her. During the filming of "Butter". She is sweet. And MAYBE, you can see my son and I on screen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Hmmm, I met Brent Jones (old 49'er tight end), he was the nicest guy EVER. And I had a nice conversation with Anne Rice at a book signing. The line was really long, and she was just supposed to sign and move along, but she saw my name and started asking about it, and then we started talking about Interview with a Vampire (the news just came out that Tom Cruise was going to play the Vampire Lestat, and she was NOT happy about that at all). She was really nice, her publicist kept jabbing her to wrap it up, but she didn't care, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• A Washington Redskins football player---I can't remember his name --at a Charity dinner featuring Soap Stars and Football stars. He and I sat together at dinner and talked about our kids,etc. and it was like he was my next door neighbor---a regular guy ,very fond of his family. I didn't get to meet any of the Soap stars...they were from Guiding Light and As the World Turns. It was so much fun to see them in person.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Jim Belushi, Vince Vance, Marie Osmond, Tom Wopat, Dierdre Hall, James Burton...several more.

Jerry Clower was a drunk ass. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We met Sylvester Stallone and he was extremely nice. He was a little stand offish at first, but one we started talking he ended up being a real nice guy and very funny.
    I also run into Brad Pitt and Angelia Jolie at a local toy store and they are just the nicest down to earth parents you ever want to meet.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• @pixie trix: That is the coolest thing EVER!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My sil's brother was a body guard for Pope John. So she has pics with Pope John. That is pretty holy famous too.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Bobby Mcferrin. lol. That's the only celebrity I've ever met. He was nice.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010