Will my HOUSE ever be Clean Again???

HI all, I'm a new mom & my house is not so neat anymore lol I know it was to be expected but I just want to have everything in place, my furniture back in its old place and not blocking off doors that my son opens................I'm just venting anyone else feel like a slob all the time? mommy needs a makeover

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
    For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
    (Ruth Hulburt Hamilton)

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• NO!!!! lol!!! Your house will never be clean again! I have 3 kids and i fight mess all the time! I feel like my house is birsting at the seams with all the stuff we have. But it just shows we LIVE in our house. We have loys of fun! Enjoy the mess! Cuz when it finally is clean all of your babues will be grown up. :(
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My house hasn't been totally clean in 11 years!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm a new mommy too, and overall I've learned that cleaning itself is not going to be the same. I was always a clean freak and very obsessive over what went where and just cleaning ALL the time! I've had to learn just over the passed 2 months, that I don't have the time, and sometimes the willingness to clean like I used to. I'm learning to balance the housework, mine and my partner's quality time, and time with our babygirl. But it's worth it!
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 10:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Less is more, and yes, when he goes to college, or other wise changes his address, your house will again be the showcase you desire. In 1999 and 2000 I had my home the way I like it. Then I had a change of life baby, and now, well I just don't care so much anymore. That' why Target sells storage bins...I love my peanut butter. 

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Awwww pupmom, that is a sweet rhyme.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• LOL!!! I know the feeling, and the answer is NO! LoL It's sad to admit that, but neither your home nor your car will ever be completely clean again, but you know what? Motherhood is the most difficult, yet the most important, beautiful, and rewarding journey that you will ever be a part of in your lifetime and in my opinion...everything else is just not as important anymore. My little masterpeice is my main priority. All else is secondary. You will be just fine, and yes, we all need to vent from time to time, so vent away, but then take a deep breath and go back to focusing most of your attention on your little one. Have a wonderful week and God bless.
    ~melody~
    MelodyLG

Answer by MelodyLG at 3:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Girls, I hate to tell ya...good luck after the kids come grandkids!! I am a WOHM(I think that's right) and my house will NEVER be clean the way I want it. 2 days off and I cannot get stuff done and have a life(I work 12-9pm)
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008