Am I the only one?

So I was at a store waiting to checkout and a woman comes up with a little girl and says she's lost and can't find her mom. The girl looks about 4 or 5. The cashier asks her for her mom's name and calls for her to come up front over the intercom. The lady with the girl tries to keep her calm by asking her her favorite subject in school, etc. So the mom comes up and calls the little girl away from the lady. She proceeds to yell at her, looks at the other woman, grabs the girl and walks away. The woman tells the little girl bye, the little girl says bye and the mom yells at her again.

Everyone was stunned, we were all just looking at each other. She didn't even thank the lady for calling for her. Am I the only one who thought this was really rude of her? The little girl was obviously scared and I felt the lady was right for bringing her up to the front. What are your opinions on it?

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 3:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Embarrassed or scared - who cares.... someone found your child you should be grateful. Thank the person... not yell at your child.

I was in retail for several years and witnessed many a lost child. Every time, the parent was OVERLY grateful and thanking the one whom found the child.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• She is lucky someone didn't kidnap her. Some people are just not grateful no matter what.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The mom was probably embarrassed and scared. We all act improperly at times when we are under stress.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would have been thankful that my child was ok.

She was very rude about it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• She was just ignorant.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Orionsgirl, she probably was scared and possibly embarrassed as well. Even so, yes, you would hope a person would at least say thanks, or ANYTHING really, in that situation.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It sounds like she was very rude but I think that some times people shift the focus on to someone else so they don't look bad. I mean the mom may have felt like she was being judged for "losing her child" and so she acted as though the other woman was in the wrong or out of line for bringing her to the front. I would have be so grateful because the second I realize my dd was gone I would have been in a panic.

sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That was so rude.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i would have been so grateful my kid was found. not yelling and being pissy
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010