How to remove negative thoughts?

Recently a lot of people have been very mean and negative to me. I don't deserve any of it. I know what they are saying is untrue but now I'm having a hard time replacing thouse negative words with positive ones. Anyone got advice?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 3:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• Be as thankful and positive as possible. Be thankful for all that you have and try to only think about the positive things in your life. As soon as a negative thought starts to come to mind, immediately think about 3 positive things. They can be anything Peace, Love, Happiness, Family, etc. Or start singing a song that you love, that will instantly bring a smile to your face and put you back into a positive mood.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I look back to much. Look back and not forth.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I used to be the same way. It's not easy, but your past is not worth your future happiness. It was really hard for me to get over my past, though I knew that I had to do something to get over it all. My mother told me about a DVD called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, it's a very inspirational DVD you can watch the first 20 minutes of it here-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8

If you feel the need to watch the whole movie, most libraries have them to rent for free. It is very inspirational, and it opened me up deeply and helped me get over the past and to be more clear about my future.

I wish you the best.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have been there in the same position. One day I could take it no more. My husband took me to a bookshop we always like to visit. There we I found a book to read and guess what, that had the answer for me.
    It broke me out of those depressing thoughts.
    I had been diagnosed of an incurable disease which was supposed to slowly get to me and make living difficult. I was 9 months pregnant and was having a difficult time (anaemic and all). My body was in total pain. I was unable to take care of my elder daughter and felt like a total loser.
    When I felt if life was worth living at all I got a glimpse of hope via a book. Later I found a video on Youtube I would like to share with you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjntHE4LJCQ
    estellaeffects

Answer by estellaeffects at 3:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm just watching the first few seconds and what is going through my mind is that if my income was better I would be happy. Not that I want more money to have silly things but enough to cover the bascis. Not having the extra income from my job is really putting a strain on me. I am the only on I can depend on and ugh stressed. I just want to be able to cover the bare nessacaties and then improve on them. Some basics people have (car) I don't. Like now I am hustling around to get extra $40 in order to pay my phone bill next month. lol I know it's a small amount but big because I don't have it.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2010