How to get rid of an impossible diaper rash??

I think i've tried everything and i just don't know what to do anymore. I have used everything from prescriptions to home remedies, and it still just won't go away.

iluvPrestonG

Asked by iluvPrestonG at 10:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try letting your child go without a diaper for alittle while.
    Anonymous

• My kids have crazy sensitive skin -- for immediate soothing I will soak them in a bath, or sink full (depending how old the child is) of lukewarm water and baking soda. I also have a diaper rash cream I found in Ohio that I *love* you can order it online, and I think they will send you free samples..  It's called PINXAV - its a Mom and Pop company run by the same family for 90 years, this stuff is the best - its heavy and diapers don't "absorb" it all - so it can do its job.  It clears most rashes in a day - I am a huge fan.  And I don't know the owners.. hehe, my kids just got really bad rashes before I found this stuff.

http://www.pinxav.com/

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm assuming you're using disposible diapers? how long has baby had the rash?? One thing you might want to consider, is that the baby is actually allergic to some material in the diaper. You could try a more natural diaper, or G diapers, or Cloth. A lot of mama's who have figured out their baby is allergic to sposies switch to cloth and never look back.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Ah you changed the question! hehe. If the rash is yeast based it will not go away without a cream for killing yeast. You can use something like Monistat and apply that over the rash, the only challenge is that the cream is so light it will rub away very easily when you put a diaper on.. so if you can put it on and let your child diaperless that might help. Doctors can also write a Rx for a diaper rash cream for yeast-based infections.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• aveeno, its truly amazing, and try using Pampers Sensitive wipes. my son gets really bad diaper rashes, and i too tried EVERYTHING, even spent about $50 in a week on creams and such, but aveeno works wonders, REALLY FAST!! Good Luck.
    carolyn.ruelle

Answer by carolyn.ruelle at 10:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• earthmamaangelbaby.com baby bottom balm... our son has never had diaper rash... this stuff is great, its all organic, and truly wonderful, its a bit spendy but you dont have to worry. it doesnt hurt them, plus it smells really nice. They have a huge line of products, and I can attest they are all great.. i am not a tea drinking but their morning sickness tea is marvelous. I have a journal posting about them.. has some more details..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Use Clotrimazole antifungal cream with a 1%-2% concentration. You can buy the cream at Walgreens or any drug store for about $6 or $7. The only thing that is kind of weird, though, is that it is an athlete's foot cream or a vaginal infection cream (same cream for everything... i triple checked with my dr. and the pharmacist). It truly works. My son was really sick and had a diaper rash that got a little bumpy and bloody.
    I tried all sorts of diaper rash creams, naked time, and the baking soda baths. I used this for about 3 days and it cleared right up! We tested a small amount first to make sure it wouldn't burn him or anything. I swear to goodness, this stuff is amazing!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Check out different diapers and wipes. Both my daughters have sensitive skin and turned out to be allergic to Luvs & Huggies diapers and the Huggies Wipes (even the sensitive ones) My littlest one (almost 9 mos) is a Pampers girl all around now.
    Try patting the area with a wet wash cloth or paper towel. Sometimes the wipes irritate more than clean. :o{
    Corn starch (yep the stuff you cook with) works great, just put it in a clean salt/pepper shaker for easy application just don't get it near their face (don't want any junk getting in their lungs)
    Boudreaux's Butt paste works pretty good too once the rash is present. I use A & D for prevention (though it does smell funny)
    Check out www.californiababy.com They have some good natural stuff there.
    Hope this helps.
    P.S.
    Could it be an allergy to something they're eating? my 1st had horrible rashes due to citrus products.
    SweetMelissa79

Answer by SweetMelissa79 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• this should work, unless your LO is allergic to the diaper its self, fill up your sink or tub with warm water, pout in 1 cup of white vinigar,let LO soak for 10 to 15 min (make sure they dont splash water into their eyes) take LO out. let air dry place diaper under LO and pour liberal amounts of cornstarch into diaper. (baby powder works too, just not as well) do this at every change (cornstarch) rash should be gone by tomorrow, deff by next day. repeat vinigar bath 1 time a day until rash is gone while using cornstarch after every change. This usually works over night. i have never had to buy desiten, butt paste, A and D etc. i used to, until i found this.
    Twiseman

Answer by Twiseman at 11:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I just had this same problem bought all the spendy stuff turns out i go to walmart and get the johnsons three in one diaper cream omg night n day difference! It was almost the cheapest one to!
    Anonymous