how to get ds off the bottles

My ds is 19months and he is still on bottles at nap time and bed time only. I cant remember how we got our dd off of bottles. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the bottle forever? thanks in advance :)

mommylee21

Asked by mommylee21 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just started putting water in them, and the good stuff in sippy cups! He transistioned pretty well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We did the water thing. And if you celebrate Christmas we used that for one of my boys. Told him that Santa was going to take them for the new babies. He fell for it and never asked again. We did do the water thing first.....

Good luck
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We just took them away. At first when we handed him a sippy instead of a bottle he would scream and throw himself on the floor but I would not give in. The thing is if they are thirsty enough they will drink out of the sippy. You just have to be strong and try not to give in.

Good luck and be patient
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010