Have you heard of someone losing weight but getting bigger?

I have lost almost 10 lbs but I went up a size its very frustrating and confusing. used to weigh 134lbs and was a size 7 now I weigh 125lbs and my size 7 pants are tight not just a hair tight but the uncomfortable tight that leaves a nasty looking roll hanging over

Rockabye

Asked by Rockabye at 4:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am 4'11" and 200 pounds but I honestly dont think (and others who have told me) I look as big as that sounds. It doesn't make sense to me...
    Anonymous

• Maybe you're retaining water.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Gaining muscle did that too me...
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• muscle does that or maybe you are just retaining water, im sure itll get better soon enough, gl
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• its not muscle its flabby and gross if it was muscle I wouldnt worry about it. Is there any way to stop retaining water
    Rockabye

Comment by Rockabye (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree with UpSheRises, your probably retaining water, that would sure frustrate me!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well the muscle is under the layer of fat pushing it out. That is my guess. Keep on doing what your doing you will trim down. Or pump up the cardio a bit.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have heard of once you start gaining muscle the fat starts to get pushed out. Keep doing what you are doing and see what happens in a few weeks. Also if it is water retention, that means you are most likely not drinking enough. I know sounds weird but drink more water and your body will start to shed the water.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The most likely culprits are muscle gain (which you might not even notice as fat sits on top of muscle, not the other way around) or water retention. Keep eating healthy and getting in some exercise and you should start to notice a gradual difference.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• this is why you should measure inches rather than pounds.

if you are just dieting you are probably loosing muscle and thus the flab. You need to exercise that belly to keep it tight.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2010