should i get anxiety meds?

i've only had this happen to me about 3 or 4 xs, i'll be sitting there doing whatever then all of a sudden ill have this wave of panic (i guess) run through me, and ill feel like i just need to run away out of the room, i'll feel trapped. Is this anxiety? If it is, should i get medication for it if it only happened a few times? thanks for your opinions :)

ladypyro

Asked by ladypyro at 4:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• I have suffered from anxiety and panic ever since I can remember. I have been on Zoloft for 12 years. And although I will of course chose to not need them. But I do need them. They just keep me on a normal level. Anxiety and panic is a chemical imbalance and sometimes you need that to level you out. My other advice is to educate yourself about it. The more knowledge you have the less scary it seems. Also, a balance of counseling & medication is a perfect balance. Good Luck and message me if you want to talk. I am a long time sufferer :-)
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I also have had paniuc attack since tween, there is nothing wrong with med, if they help to "even out" or balance, talk to your dr , theres alot of options out there. I take mine asneeded and they greatly help
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 4:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I get panic attacks a lot not as often as I use to But Xanax (ZAN X) works great and the good thing is that I would only take it when I had a panic attack and with in 20 minutes I felt a lot better. I liked that a lot better then taking a pill everyday. So I would talk to you doctor. Good luck I really hope this helped you, I know it sucks feeling scared about nothing or feeling scared and not knowing why it can be very frustrating...
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 4:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010