Pregnancy and "Crotch" Pain. Normal?

I'm have really bad pain in my....vaginal bone plate.... I don't know what else to call it, I'm not quite sure that it's my groin, but it's the bone above my labia. My crotch you could call it?? Anyway, the actual bone aches really badly, especially when I'm walking or just trying to roll over in bed. I've never heard of a pain there. Anyone else experiencing this or think it's normal? I don't see my doc for another week.

FrunchyMama

Asked by FrunchyMama at 10:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had that when I was pregnant! Just real sharp pains in that area! My doctor told me it was nothing to worry about, just caused from the pressure of the baby.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yep, it's normal. it freaking sucks, but its normal.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes its normal its just your muscles ligaments and your pelvic bones making way for baby's arrival.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh it's totally normal.
    It's annoying as HELL, though.

How far along are you and when did it start? I'm 33 weeks and mine started when I was about 31 weeks. I'd had a perfectly normal painless pregnancy up until then, then out of nowhere BAM it started hurting.

My doctor told me it was totally normal, and as long as I'm not contracting, there's nothing they can do about it. He told me to be careful and not overextend myself. FABULOUS GAHHHH.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• And it only gets worse!!! I'm 39 weeks and now it hurts EVERY time I stand from sitting position, walk, laying down... UGH!
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 11:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm 25 weeks today and I had that so bad all day.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Sound to me like baby dropped! I would have that checked out. That is how I felt right before I went into labor.
    nict01

Answer by nict01 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm 30 weeks now, so it seems to match up with what you all have said. To answer Cait, it start just a coupla weeks ago, and for me also after a practically painless pregnancy.

Well good to know it's normal. What fun! :D Thanks, ladies!!
    FrunchyMama

Answer by FrunchyMama at 5:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008