do you think it is right for a maried man to have frienship with single women and call them and they call him, but i really don't know the woman that he is friends with like he does...

lisa98450

Asked by lisa98450 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you trust him, sure. My fiance is going to school with predominantly female students, and they occasionally study together, or even go see a movie together. I'm not worried about it. I have male friends too. Some he knows and hangs out with, some not.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wouldnt be comfortable with that personally.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Why does he need to be hanging out with single women? It is just asking for trouble is all, women will pursue even if your married cause they like that he is commited
    Anonymous

• It wouldn't be ok for my husband to do that. It's inappropriate and obviously bothers you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It wouldn't be cool with me, but then again I have trust issues with my husband so that could be why. If I was with someone I trusted completely, then it would be a different story.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I trust my husband. And he does recieve calls from female co-workers, usually about work. And I do not get upset if they go to lunch together, but that is very rare. But I do not think I would like regular phone chats. Especially if he leave the room to talk to her. Does he leave the room?....... I would be a little cautious about this.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 5:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I believe it is okay IF their friendship started before your relationship. If the friendship is more recent than your marriage, no way.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 5:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It wouldnt be okay at my house, study groups talking about a school project on the phone yes. Hanging out talking on the phone whenever no way.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Me personally...

I do not see it as an issue that is simply "right" or "wrong".

It's an issue that is dependent on each couple, what each couple's expectations are, what each couples agreements and understandings are in regards to this subject.

It would be "wrong" if the couple had agreed that it was not a behaviour that was to be engaged in, and the expectation is set that it is not a behavior that is to be engaged in.

It would be "Right" if the couple had agreed that this type of behaviour is okay and the expectations in regards to the behavior were being met and upheld.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm friends with several married men. That doesn't mean I date them or do anything out of line with them.
    Anonymous