Heartbeat.

I had my first ultrasound today. I'm 5 weeks 4 days. We didn't hear a heartbeat but we saw the sac and the baby which was to small to measure. I have another appointment on the 1st. It is normal not to hear the heart beat yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would say yes. its harder to hear it but i wouldnt rule it out completely either. I had an internal u/s at about 5 weeks with my first in the ER. cause they thought it was a tubel/eptopic pregnancy.. but we saw and hear a VERY faint heart beat.. it will be ok CONGRATS
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 4:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Normally the doc won't even see you until about 8 to 10 wks because that is generally when you start to hear the hear beat. On your next appt you should be able to hear it. Congrats on your little one.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 5:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we didnt hear one until 14 weeks! so its normal! congratz!! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Most women do not even know they are pregnant this early so yea it hard to hear through your stomach but a transvaginal ultrasound should. Allow your new addition to grow a lil more and he/she will be music to your ears. Congrads!
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• the babys heart starts to beat at 6 weeks but wait and let your baby grow !!!!!
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think around 6 weeks is when the heart starts beating so you are a little early for that. My doctor didn't even do an u/s until I was 8 weeks and we saw the heartbeat then but did not hear it until 12 weeks (when they use that sound thing on your belly). Its great that yuo saw the sac and the little bean - congrats!!
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010