how do you feel about having more than one baby shower

I am just cerious because I seen a friend of mine is having a baby shower her baby is a month old if not more, nit sure why she is having another baby shower, but her son is probably just shy of 2 or just turned 2 not sure I know he is very young so she should have everything she needs with a 2 year old so why would you have another baby shower.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is her second baby a girl. that could be why. My first baby was a girl and now im having a boy and was planning on having a baby shower cause i don't have anything for a boy. Could be for diapers and little things like that, that add up for a parent. There is just many reasons why.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Personally I would not and did not want to have another shower. My first was a boy, my second was a girl. I saved pretty much everything from clothes to furniture. We had the room so I was able to do that. It's not this way everywhere or with everyone but I was raised with the idea that showers are for first time parents to get advice and some essentials, not for every pregnancy or even if the new baby is a different gender. Especially in this economy I can't imagine trying to get people to buy more things for subsequent babies when a lot of people are having a hard time.
    Anonymous

• my cousin had 2 kids 15 months apart so we had like a small second hand shower for her! its nice to see family and celebrate! most people gave diapers and clothes!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010