Is it wrong to date someone new if you've been separated for over 8 months...

...divorce papers have been signed two months ago, but not final?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I think its ok...But i do think you should wait awhile to bring them around the kids. But you need a strong partner in your life and its ok to look for one.

Answer by sara_bru2000 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh...I wouldn't be bringing him around my kids for awhile. I trust him and he's a wonderful guy...just wouldn't do that to my kids...not for quite awhile. Thank you.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• To me, dating is one thing.(It is ok) Getting into a relationship is another. ( Not ok)

Answer by louise2 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If your divorce isn't final, you're still married. So you're asking if it's ok to date while married?

Answer by missingruth at 4:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Me personally.

If the papers have been signed and there is no want/desire or chance of reconciling.. I would have no issues dating at that point.

The only time I would not date during a seperation/divorce would be: if my husband & I were trying to reconcile &/or it was clear that we were not "done" and there was a possible chance of reconciliation. &/or If I was not emotionally ready to do so...

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't see why not. 8 months is quite a long time to be separated and if you haven't worked things out in that amount of time, it probably won't happen. If you found someone that makes you happy, that's what counts. =)

Answer by Nanixh at 5:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think it is fine if you are legally separated.

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You waited long enough, alot of people don't wait that long. Always good to keep your social life away from the kids until you have a sure thing going.

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If it feels right to you then do it.

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• just br friends until your divorce is final.

Answer by canta1980 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010