Does anyone else have an itchy tummy?

okay...so I am 14 weeks pregnant now and starting to develop my cute little bump.....and let me tell you my tummy is beyond itchy! Does anyone else have an itchy tummy? If yes what do you do to help deter the itchy.....Help!

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 4:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Very normal! It may get worse over the course of your pregnancy, just FYI. Keep motioning it up (a couple times a day, even). Nothing will prevent stretchmarks, but moisturizing will really help with the itching.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's normal. It's because your skin is stretching. Use moisturizer and that will help.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My tummy itches like crazy, I just usually put tummy butter on it and it relives it for me.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yep. It was awful. Especially where stretch marks were forming. Keep it moisturized as much as possible, that should help.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I had it when I was pregnant. Sounds like a good time to purchase some cocoa butter and start using it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Lots of creamy lotion and pure vitamin E oil really helped with my itching. And yes, it was bad :(
    Sorry, hope yours is better soon.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have for the last 3 weeks and after my dr appt today i think its cause the baby is actually right at my belly button. and i just bough cocoa butter yesterday to moistureize it and help with stretch marks. which is pointless lol since i have some from my first lol
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 4:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's okay to scratch it, it is probably itching because your skin is stretching to accommodate a growing baby. Try cocoa butter for pregnant women! Congrats!
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i did my doctor prescribed a mosturizer because i was so broke out from scratching.
    gregsmom11

Answer by gregsmom11 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010