Quick advice for pants that won't stay up?

We are going away soon and all I can find to put my kid in (that look "nice" for a low key party) is jeans. However they are too big? My oldest was a preemie so we've always had a hard time finding jeans that fit. Anyway, anyone have a quick fix to keep the things UP? If not, he's just gonna have to wear something far more comfy. =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A safety pin, take a tuck in the material, and pin it closed. Or, if you have a needle and thread, quickly sew a tuck in the waist.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Suspenders, which look really nice with a dress shirt and tie! or, if you don't want them to show, suspenders over a dress shirt and under a sweater!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I always turn the waist band down, like roll it down, that keeps my son's pants up pretty good, and his long shirts just cover it, so it doesn't look goofy.
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 4:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Button belts.

Can you sew, even a tiny bit? Get some really really wide elastic, sew a giant, and i mean giant button on one end, and then split and resew the elastic ad the other end for a hole. Goes with all types of trousers and looks great.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• How about a decorative belt to go with those jeans.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• belts, safety pins, or jeans with an adjustable waist. my 2 year old can waer 9/12 month pants in the waist, but needs an 18/24 month for the legnth we end up having to take them in a LOT to keep her ankles covered!!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Turn down the waistband or use safety pins. We do with my daughter. She's tall, but thin, so we always use belts.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Belt, buy jeans with adjustable waist. WE have to do that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My mother put suspenders on her girls for about three years. We wore undershirts, then suspenders, then our regular shirt. Did the trick of keeping the trousers up!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my son wore a belt almost every day until he was 3, or we bought adjustable waisted pants.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010