Can the U.S. get out of Afghanistan (or will it or has it become another Viet Nam)?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've seen this question asked many times and my response is the same and usually goes unanswered: Please explain to me how this war will become the quagmire that was Vietman.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• First of all comparing it to Vietnam is not exactly the way to phrase it because their is no comparisons. We lost way more men in Vietnam than we have in Iraq & Afghanistan..Our troops are respected, they weren't in Vietnam..We killed a dictator and 2 sons, and spared the people of Iraq of their God-awful acts of torture/murders..How long this war will last, I don't know, but I wish like hell it was over!!! Could it be because I have a son in the military and has already done 2 tours? Possibly, but I've also noticed a change in him and know that he has experienced some harrowing things..Things he won't share and that worries me :( He's only 24!! So I pray every night for my son and the military as a whole that this will end SOON!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• BlueCollarMama, I think more along the lines that the U.S. involvement in a conflict that will drag on and on, more in that regard. And, in both cases, there must be some type of financial interest whether it is readily apparent or not.
    tasches

Comment by tasches (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010