Did the election of President Obama close the racial divide between black and white people? Why or why not?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's widened the divide more than ever. Now, if you disagree with ANYTHING that Obama wants you are called a racist. I could care less if he was orange, green, purple, black, white, yellow, red or any color, I flat out don't like some of the things he stands for period.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think he has set back race relations, not helped the situation by his divisive remarks, and stepping into situations like when he said he didn't know anything about what happened when his friend was arrested when he broke into his own home, but that the white police were wrong! And telling a group of Hispanics to not vote for " the enemy".
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No, many states and people live in 1950.
    I think he basically empowered all minorities, not just black.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Seriously?! You must be new here!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wish. There are still idiot racists out there and I don't think that there's much that could happen to stop ignorant people from being ignorant.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• IDK. I didn't pay much attention to racial issues before the election, so I don't really see an issue now. I hear a lot of people using the term 'racist' when they are trying to incite drama or when they can't comprehend a fundamental difference of opinion regarding ideals. But that really has nothing to do with him, just other's understanding of the issue. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No- I think it brought out more white racists, they were fine as long as in their mind they felt superior.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• no it pissed off the racists and the are acting out is all I have seen
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I feel like the white people are the minority now and I think some have a problem with it. Where I live I haven't noticed the closing of divide, I notice more of a divide than ever before.
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think it's widened the divide more than ever. Now, if you disagree with ANYTHING that Obama wants you are called a racist.

You could also be called a REPUBLICAN.....lol
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010