Long story short, hubby lost job, neither of us can find work, even fast food places.
We have cut all of the following,
1. Canceled cable($60)
2. Canceled home phone($35)
3. Downgraded from broadband to free standing dsl(from $40 to $9.95)
4. Canceled contract cell phones and got one prepaid cell phone(from $99.99 to $30)
5. Had to empty savings to pay rent and utilities and now do not contribute($100)
6. No longer eat out twice a week (around $40)
7. Switched to generic products for the household like cleaning supplies, toiletries(save around $30)
8. Cut grocery bill from around $400 per month to $150 per month
Just those things used to total around $850 now on all these things we spend around $300.
We still have $950 rent, $120 electricity, $40 water bill. These total $1140 and hubby gets $1200 for unemployment.
How we manage to pay for all these things, im not sure, but we manage nonetheless.
at 7:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010